On October 4th, 2016, O’Fallon Casting broke ground on a 25,000 sq. ft. expansion, which will bring the total size of the facility to 75,000 sq. ft. Construction of the new addition will take approximately 12-16 months and will work around the current production schedule to ensure that O’Fallon Casting maintains its on time delivery. The main focus of the expansion is to streamline the current product flow and modernize the casting clean up and pre-inspection areas. Some key features of the expansion include:
- A new high capacity Solution Anneal oven, almost doubling OFC's current heat treating capacity.
- A conveyor system which will move cast shells directly from the foundry to the casting cleanup area, reducing handling and the possibility of handling damage.
- Newly designed automatic water-wash machines to remove a majority of the ceramic shell in one pass.
- New downdraft tables and a new dust collection system in our pre-inspection area.
- Increased warehouse space.
- New employee locker rooms, restrooms and a new lunch room.
With this new floor space and equipment, O'Fallon Casting will be able to streamline its product flow and gain capacity through efficiency gains.